Tuesday 17 November 2015

Prelim Task

 Prelim task with Irena,David and Chris


 Group planning

Props: Table,  two chairs, Scream mask, Stuffed toy ca

There was no specific costume needed.

Script: David: I want my cat back!
           Chris: I'll never give it to you
           David: I'll shoot you 
           Chris: I don't believe you 



Storyboard:




Filming

We filmed in the school's studio which meant that we had the advantage of using the lights provided by the school. We all had the chance to film the prelim, I filmed the beginning where David walks into the room, David filmed the POV shot and Chris's dialogue, Irena shot the part where David shoots Chris and myself and Chris shot the part where David does his dialogue and when he leaves the room as well. We had to film the dialogue a couple of times so that we could get the words out properly. The scene at the start where David had to open the door we had trouble with the lighting and we were trying to find out how or what angle we should put the light and if we should use a reflecter or not

Editing

We used Adobe Premier Pro for the editing 
Irena and I did some of the editing at the start, we both listened and watched each of the shots and decided which bits we needed and what we should cut out using the cutting tool on the program. We used slow motion effects when Chris and David fall off their chairs. Chris and David designed the title, 'The Bomb' and chose when to add the sound effects that Irena found online.
  

Evaluation

The strengths in our prelim task was the camera angles, I think that we have used a good range of camera angles. I think that the sinister background music fits in great with our film because it might build suspense. I also think that the use of the slow motion effect made the prelim look more dramatic as well.

The only weakness in our prelim was that it lasted for about 1 minute and 24 seconds when it should have been 30 seconds. 

I have learnt how to put different scenes in slow motion, to lower or raise the sound of a scene, I have also learnt how to cut parts of a scene that is not wanted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment