Tuesday 17 November 2015

Analysing other student's work

Student #1 The Search


  Strengths:

I thought that this person used a lot of camera angle techniques like the pan left and the extreme closeups. I thought that the background music was really good, I think that it adds suspense to the story of this film. I thought the font of the titles looked really good, I liked how there was a small box around each capital letter. The acting of the child in the opening scene fits in really well with the story, the acting made the film look real. I also really liked the idea of the voice over and the way the person speaks really fits in well in the film. I also liked how there weren't many characters in the opening of the scene which would make it easier to create.

Weaknesses: 
I think the idea of the movie wasn't really clear, I wasn't sure if it was about the child that went missing or if that child in that scene is meant to be the younger version of the girl at the end. 

Student #2 Invite

  Strengths: 

I liked the use of Parallel editing, I think that it does add suspense. I really like how they have made the title at the end, I think that the background being used for it does fit into the Thriller genre well. Again I also liked the idea that there weren't a lot of characters in the opening scene which made it simple for the person to film. I liked how they have raised the volume of the background music at the end of the opening.

Weaknesses:
I thought that the black and white effect was not needed and that it didn't really go with the story.I also thought the background music was good for the end part only but I didn't really see the use of it during the opening 



No comments:

Post a Comment